Sunday, August 2, 2009

Tonstartssbandht- An When


When I first saw the name Tonstartssbandht I thought without a doubt that it was some obscure german kraut rock from the seventies.  Can you blame me?  Especially since I read about it on the Zamboni Soundtrack blog which actually covers a lot of records from that genre.  Much to my surprise Tonstartssbandht do not play kraut rock but instead play rad Big Country rip offs, Spacemen 3 covers from another dimension and sludged out noise anthems amongst other things.  Apparently Tonstartssbandht are two brothers from New York and from the sound of this record I would expect them to fit in nicely with the scene going on there right now (Captured Tracks, Underwater Peoples, Sacred Bones,Woodsist).  Although a lot of what is on "An When" sounds familiar, I think there is enough different to keep it interesting the whole way through.  It sounds like whoever made this record was having a lot of fun and I think that translates well through the songs.  You can order a copy of the CDR directly from the label that released it off their myspace which I will link below.   


No comments:

Post a Comment