Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Thorns Of Life

  I know that I am not alone when I say that I could use some more Blake Schwarzenbach in my life these days.  For those who aren't familiar Jawbreaker was one of the best punk bands of the nineties and Blake Schwarzenbach was their singer.  I recommend picking up a few of their albums such as 24 revenge therapy, unfun or dear you.  After jawbreaker called it quits Blake went on to form another band called Jets To Brazil.  Now that the Jets have been in the ground for a few years we have Thorns of Life.   In a recent interview I read Blake made a comment about not being sure if his new band sounds more like Jets or Jawbreaker.  From these videos the band definitely sounds more jawbreaker to me, which I don't mind.  This might have something to do with Aaron Cometbus playing drums or maybe its just Blake returning to what he knows best.  Either way, I cant wait and I feel a little better about no new Cometbus issues for a while.  

No comments:

Post a Comment