Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Pissed Jeans-Shallow


For better or worse I think did it backwards with Pissed Jeans.  When "Hope for Men" was released almost two years ago I picked it up based on a review I read that said they sounded "My War" era Black Flag and the Jesus Lizard.  When I see music journalists using either of these bands for reference points I am almost always skeptical and rarely interested.  Keeping all this in mind I would have to say Pissed Jeans are the real deal.  Even though it took me forever to get Pissed Jeans debut "Shallow" I think it is my favorite of their two full length records.  Although its a short record it really delivers a lot of quality tunes in about the same time period it would take for you to watch an episode of the Fresh Prince.  This is the type of record where one song gets stuck in your head and when you listen to it you decide to start it from the beginning and let it play to the end.  Both of the tracks below are off their record "Shallow".  Buy their records, you wont regret it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment